Mission: Growing our communities through your gifts
History: Founded in November 2013
Founded: in November of 2013, Northwest Alliance Community Foundation (NACF) is a regional, grassroots organization made up of passionate volunteers from northern Polk and Burnett Counties in Wisconsin. NACF empowers the people of our area by providing learning opportunities, building financial resources, meeting community needs, awarding non-profit grants, and helping individuals and families to leave a legacy.
- In 2015, NACF, in partnership with the Amery Area Community Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Polk County Extension Office, created the workshop series entitled Nurturing Your Nonprofit and we invited all 501C3s from both Polk and Burnett Counties to participate. We offered four-afternoon workshops, once per month from January-April that year. We formed great relationships with our area nonprofits and we created a network of mentorship and friendship among the nonprofits. It was such a remarkable success that we decided in 2017 that we would like to offer this training two times per year. In April, we hosted the NYN workshop with speaker Gary Kelsey from the SCVF speaker’s bureau. Gary trained us on Creating and Sustaining an Effective Board of Directors. We plan to offer another NYN workshop in October.
- In May of this year, NACF launched our first official matching funds fundraiser campaign: We’re All in This Together—Let’s Fight Hunger. Three donors stepped forward to create a pool of $4,200 from which we launched the campaign. People really latched onto this cause and gave from their hearts to more than double our goal. We reached a total of $8881.00 and the grant checks went out this week to four of our area food shelves. We are astounded by the generosity of our local neighbors and friends.
- On June 9th, NACF hosted our second annual Friend Raiser Fund Raiser Fair for area nonprofits at the Tesora Event Center in Siren. Fourteen nonprofits set up interactive booths to show their wares and services to the public. Gourmet food was served and we were treated to a professional theatre performance, live music, professional poetry readings, an interpretive dance by a participant in the Northwest Passage program, and an elevator speech contest where nonprofits competed to give the best 90 second elevator speech to win a $100 prize. It was so much fun and we capped off the night by giving away more than $12,000 in our second round of grants from our foundation. It was a true celebration of the joy of giving.
Grant Opportunities and History:
NACF will announce our next round of grants in the Fall of 2017; to be awarded in December 2017
Our first round of grants as a community foundation were given out at a Giving Party on December 6, 2016:
- Community Referral Agency – Families: General operating costs/services for domestic violence victims, $500.00
- ICAA- Head Start – Literacy: Purchase new books for their library, $350.00
- Salvation Army – Health: Food for backpacks for families receiving free/reduced lunch, $200.00
- ADRC – Health: Marketing materials for dementia-friendly community summit in 2017, $450.00
Our second round of grants were given out on June 9, 2017:
NACF Environmental Fund Grants:
- Burnett County Family Resource Center, Inc.: $650.00
- Ice Age National Trail: $250.00
- North Country Pedalers: $250.00
- Frederic Arts: $300.00
We’re All in This Together: Let’s Fight Hunger Grants:
- Ruby’s Food Shelf and Garden, Siren: $2220.25
- Grantsburg Area Food Shelf: $2220.25
- Connections Food Shelf and More, Webster: $2220.25
- Family Pathways Food Shelf, Frederic: $2220.25
NACF Spring Granting Cycle:
- Farm, Feral and Stray, Serving Polk and Burnett Counties: $500.00
- Burnett County Family Literacy, Serving Burnett County: $500.00
- Friends of Larsen Family Public Library, Serving Webster: $500.00
- St. Croix Festival Theatre, Serving Polk and Burnett Counties: $500.00
Upcoming Events: September 29th, 30th and October 1st: The 3 Lakes Tour bike event to benefit the NACF Environmental Fund. Nurturing Your Nonprofit training in October.
Nurturing for Nonprofit Training – Tickets sold Here
Board of Directors:
- Reneé Nañez, Board Chair
- Chris Byerly, Secretary;
- Mark Buley, Treasurer
- Colleen Draxler, Director
- Patti Hurd, Director
- Tracey Nooner, Director
- Rebekah Stavne, Director
- Jennifer Turrentine, Director
- Carole Wondra, Director
If you would like to know more about NACF, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to invest in this non-profit endeavor, please donate online using the Donate button, or send your donation to NACF, PO Box 111, Frederic, WI 54837. A tax-deductible donation receipt will be sent to you by mail.
Contact Us: Our info at present time: Northwest Alliance Community Foundation, PO Box 111, Frederic, WI 54837; email@example.com; 715-386-9490
Website URL: http://www.northwestalliancecf.org/