Mission: To engage citizens to strive together to improve the vitality of our communities and to improve the natural world of our communities. We do this by:
- Increasing connections among citizens;
- Increasing understanding of and access to existing natural amenities in the valley
- Improving the quality of and the stewardship of natural resources.
- We serve the five communities of Lakeland, Lakeland Shores, Lake St. Croix Beach, St. Mary’s Point and Afton.
Impact: Washington County has approved a budget to rebuild most of the Lower St. Croix Trail in 2017.
The Board of the Lower St Croix Community Foundation worked hard to make this happen, including:
- Hired SEH Engineering to assess the trail foot by foot, and to estimate costs of repair.
- Organized presentations to each of the 5 cities and obtained City Council resolutions supporting the rebuilding of the trail.
- Worked directly with the Washington County Parks Department and the Engineering Department to reinforce the value of reconstructing our trail.
- Worked with Commissioner Krieschel, who became an important ally in our work with Washington County’s decision to redo the trail.
Grant Opportunities: The Foundation Board is currently dedicating all of our efforts to rebuilding the Lower St. Croix Trail, a key asset that connects our communities.
- Robert Craggs, Chair
- Maggie Arzdorf-Schubbe, Vice Chair
- Jon Picard, Treasurer
- Debi Erickson
- Jeff Heegaard
- Pam Hoye
- Louis Jambois
- Rachel Kaul
- Karen Riley
- Lyle Sorenson
Donate Now: Funds are needed to support our efforts and improve this great local amenity.
Please Donate Now
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org